The Dome Theatre
10.30am to 4pm ish!
Lorraine gets the audience singing and swinging with timeless classics from Abba! No standing still allowed! This is pure edu-tainment as Lorraine will provide tips and tricks to improve your vocal range, diction and breathing while you sing-along and have fun. Total audience participation with song sheets and lyric props.
Step away from the hairbrush and let quirky songstress Lorraine Bowen guide you through a day of singing ABBA together. Learn tips and tricks for great vocals, including breathing, diction and performance, and get ready to say Thank You for the Music in time for the 50th anniversary of ABBA’s historic Eurovision win
Lorraine Bowen Singing Workshops
Lorraine Bowen is a great enthusiast for the pleasures and benefits of community singing. Her workshops bring people together, introduce people to the joys of singing and give them an opportunity to perform in front of a small friendly audience.
Lorraine teaches technique, posture, breathing exercises, getting the most out your voice and vocal confidence. Learning excellent vocal tricks whilst having a good time is always on the agenda.
She enjoys working on both small and large-scale singing events at private functions and arts centres like The Dome in Brighton and Bexhill’s De La Warr Pavilion. Workshops often end with an informal concert where participants perform in front of friends and family!
Lorraine has produced seven albums of original hits on her own label, Sequin Skirt and these songs have been featured in films, radio and TV programmes. She appeared on reality TV show “Britain’s Got Talent” which brought her a whole new fanbase.
Lorraine has a Bachelor of Music (Hons) Degree in Music from Surrey University, specialising in singing and certificate in Performance Coaching from Newcastle College. She has a lot of experience about giving inspiration and setting goals and is passionate about getting others to enjoy their voices and her singing workshops are always energetic, of a high standard and provide fun with great feedback.
The songs thought to be covering are:…..
I do, I do, I do
Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!
Name of the Game
Knowing me, knowing you
Money, money, money
Take a Chance on Me
I have a Dream
Thank you for the music
Lorraine Bowen’s singing workshops have been held at:-
De La Warr Pavilion, Bexhill
The Dome, Brighton
White Nights Festival, Brighton
Bestival, Isle of Wight
The Singing Allsorts, Cuckfield
The Hawth Theatre, Crawley
Children’s Hackney Singing Festivals
John Lewis social weekends
The Big Gay Sing at the Southbank Centre, London
Brighton Gay Mens’ Chorus
Qukulele (women’s ukulele band)
The Rainbow Chorus, Brighton
- Hi Lorraine, just to say a big thank you for the wonderful singing session you led at the Brighton Dome yesterday.
- I came with some members of my choir (Haven Harmonies in Newhaven) and we all agreed that we’d had a fabulous day’s singing. Your energy and enthusiasm helped to bring out the best in our voices without diminishing the enjoyment we all had.
- Geoff & I really, really enjoyed ourselves. We haven’t sung so much for ages. And what a nice bunch of people there! Very friendly atmosphere. No divas!!!
- are a fantastic teacher! As well as having loads of fun, we felt we’d learned loads too – and ended up feeling quite proud of ourselves!
- Brilliant day – thank you so much.